Implant Restorative Procedures
Implant Restorative Procedures occur through our office after dental implants have been surgically completed by an oral surgeon.
What does the dental implant process look like?
- Come to Harmony Family Dentistry for an implant consult.
- Head to an oral surgeon for the dental implant procedure.
- Finish the process at Harmony Family Dentistry for the implant restorative procedures.
Here at Harmony Family Dentistry, we provide two different implant restorative procedures based on what the patient needs. The two procedures include Abutment & Crown and Implant Overdenture.
Abutment & Crown Procedure
After the implant is placed, we proceed to add the abutment and crown to connect the implant to the replacement tooth, a custom made tooth to match your natural teeth. The abutment attaches to the implant that is placed after months of healing and the crown is connected to the abutment.
- Dental Implant – A cylindrical and/or tapered post, usually made of titanium, that serves as a substitute for the tooth root
- Abutment – A connector, placed on, or built into, the top of the dental implant, to connect the implant to the replacement tooth or teeth
- Crown – A replacement tooth, custom made to match your natural teeth
An overdenture is when a patient receives multiple implants and just attaches a denture to it. With this treatment, the overdenture and bar are a one-piece framework secured using screws to implants placed into your upper and/or lower jaw. The overdenture is only removable by a Dental Clinician and is the most like natural teeth due to not having flanges and not resting on the gums.
Not sure which procedure to go with? We will help you decide through an in-person analysis. Please call our office at (360) 882-7866 to set up an appointment.
Want to learn more about dental implants? Visit our patient education dental implant page to find out more!